Tuesday, August 25, 2009

qui est'il?

I am on a roll with my posts - THREE in one week! So I'm going to keep going, even though I have nothing to say, really. But I'm going to play Ike's "How'd you get your name?" game. Here's the newest picture of me, though. Taken approximately 120 seconds ago:


Now. Tadpole Pomegranate. My girl wasn't planning on getting a dog when she first saw me. But once she saw my adorable, sweet, innocent, endearing face she couldn't say no. Actually, it was probably the urine-soaked house and pitch black basement that swayed her judgement, but whatever. Now, she carries a list of possible doggin names around in her head at all times (apparently she must be prepared in case a nameless pup stops her on the side of the road and asks for her assistance in choosing a moniker) and once we were in the car she started going through them. Evidently I wasn't a Pea Pod (that was - and still is - her favorite). Or a Belly. Or a Butter. Or any of the others (which were mostly girl names - she never considered getting a boy... she didn't want to deal with the hanging stuff). And then TADPOLE came out. *shrug* I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with the fact that I was pale, skinny, naked, pointy, and wiggly/wormy. When Motch saw me, she came up with Pomegranate. If my girl would have thought of that in the car before she named me, I probably would be Pomegranate. But it was TOO LATE. I was Tadpole. Tadpole Pomegranate. AKA the Little Naked Chinese Man. AKA Taddy-wack. AKA T-Pole. AKA Poley. And numerous others. As I leave you, please enjoy the out-takes of my photo shoot today (titles under the photos):


"pfffthbbllaaaaaah"

"frightening eye"

"all scrunched up and nowhere to look"


"seduction"


"nostrils"

14 comments:

Lorenza said...

I love your name, Tad!
And your out-takes are pawesome!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

MJ's doghouse said...

wow Tad...your mom must know my daddy is away at sea for 4 months...the more pictures of you the happier she gets...(and my flesh sister thinks she are so adorable too..)

Moco said...

Love the out takes. We think that Tadpole fits you.

Joe Stains said...

We like Tadpole, as long as you never turn into a frog because Mom is scared of them.

Sketching with Dogs said...

Oh Tadpole, we think your name suits you perfectly (swoon, swoon).
Love the sexy photos too, you are just our kind of boy - wild rock star hair and completely naked!(lol)
Glad your girl got you out of that horrible place, what a nightmare. xx

Mack said...

What awesome pics! And we just love the name Tadpole Pomogranate!

I bet you've got all the ladies swooning with those shots!

Molly the Airedale said...

We think you have the coolest name, Tad! It suits you to a "T"!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Emily and Ike said...

Very nice lighting in those shots!
Ike

Poppy said...

Nostrils!!!!!!! I love it! I like your name story too. My Mommy has a list of doggy names in her head too! I'll tell my name story when I blog later today.

Poppy

Sketching with Dogs said...

Hi Tadpole

We have given you an award, would you like to fetch it from our blog.
Wags and kisses
Dinah and Bridget xx

Sketching with Dogs said...

Hi Tadders
We would just like to offload - we mean present you with - another award, we are giving them to 5 of our favorite doggy bloggers.
Kisses D+B xx

wally said...

I think you have a lovely name T-Pole! And your photos are magnificent. Was this a shoot for Vogue?

wally t.

Emily and Ike said...

You have one of the most creative names ever!
Ike

MJ's doghouse said...

HEY TADPOLE I hope you and Fig are okay....mom is starting to worry about you all....hugs and slobbery kisses