Tuesday, June 12, 2007

little(er) me

Massah couldn't sleep last night, so I stayed up with her. I'm not sure she appreciated it, but I was just trying to help her. We laid in bed and I stared at her all night long. She kept glancing at me out of the corner of her eye, trying to see if I was still staring at her. And yep - I was. All night. She'd try to move me so I couldn't see her, but I'd just move my head so my beady little eyes were boring into her. And then she'd turn over so she couldn't see me, but every time she looked back, there I was - staring at her. Eventually, after a few hours, I moved on to licking my arms. She didn't seem to like that any better than the staring. I wasn't bothering her - what was the problem?! She was just being difficult for some reason. I don't know why. *shrug*
Anywho, there's another game going 'round where we post pictures from our puppy-hood. I didn't find Massah until I was older, so she doesn't have any pictures of me as a wee pup. But here are some from our first 2 days together:

I think I've posted these before, so bear with me if I'm repeating myself.... You'll notice Fig is right there beside me. She didn't like me. At all. She actually tried to eat me through the crate when she first saw me. She got used to me though. Hee! Here's our first "family picture" from the day after I came home:

You'll see that my skin looks really different - I was never outside before I found Massah, so as I was exposed to the sun I got more and more tan as time went on. When I first got home I was whiter than white! And no freckles!

I had sores and infections on my skin, so thankfully Massah doesn't have too many pictures from those first few weeks! I was a mess! But I sure was happy!


How time flies... it's been over 9 months since I've found her!

16 comments:

Emily and Ike said...

You look even nakeder.
Ike

Asta said...

Tadpole,
You were a cutie fwom day one, it's no wonder Massah fell for you....I had a pink tummy when I was a baby
(maybe I'll put up some pix tomorrow)but now I'm covered with bwown dots all over. First ai thought I was tuwning into a dalmation, but appeawantly it's just what happens to some doggies. I love the way you look
smoochie kisses
Asta(I'm glad you like the painting)

Ruby Bleu said...

You are much cuter now Tadpole...definitely!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Peanut said...

See what love and care do? They make you cuter. haha on just staring at Massah. Bet you made her nervous.

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

You certainly did look happy to have found your new home, even your ears look like they're cheery!

Licks
Oscar x

Toby said...

Tad, you look great with a tan & freckles!!

And it's so great to hear what an awsome family you have found. The last human you lived with didn't sound very nice at all. How dare she treat you like that!?!?!

But Massah obviously takes super care of you! Just look at your smile!

As for Fig, well, siblings aren't suppose to like each other. At least that's what I've been hearing. But deep deep down inside, Fig loves you to death!! They just don't like to show it.hehehe.

Luv,
Tobes

Unknown said...

Hi Taddy!!! You are my one and only chinese friend. I love ya lots and am sooooo happy you are happppy!



Loves,
Tofu

Anonymous said...

hummm...I think Massah and Tia were channeling each other last night. Tia did not sleep either! She was up all night walking around the bed. I am VERY glad that you got your toy back from FIG!
Hugs,
Sitka

Frasier said...

You were so cute and still are.Are you serious about the tanning bit ?
I am completely dalmation if you look at my spots!!
Frasier

MJ's doghouse said...

wow tad you are sure lucky you found your mama...you are so cute now...but i think you were cute then also....

wally said...

You were totally cute from the get go! Good job rescuing your person. It looks like she really needs you. Especially at night.

wally.

Joe Stains said...

we sure are glad your massah found you too, and we are glad you found DWBs!

Luckie Girl said...

You just get cuter and cuter Tads....*blush* :) I'm glad Massah saved you from that wicked lady and even more glad you get to blog!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

It's great that you're staying with Massah now. :) She takes good care of you


~ girl girl

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Tad,

You are sooo cute - you look like Gizmo in some of those photo's! That wasn't nice of you to stare at Massah all nite - way to go!

xxx Asta down under

Billy (YES Casanova!!!) said...

So glad you have such a great and loving home Tadpole:)

Mom tries not to let me go out in the sun too much especially when it's really hot out...not sure what she expects, I do have FUR to protect me! Mom overly worries about me!!

BIG hugs from Billy Boo:)