Thank you for all the healing thoughts - Massah is feeling better. We slept ALL WEEKEND, and I think it was my constant weight on her chest that really got her up and going again. Anyway, Sparky tagged me a while ago to tell about my BREED! I don't particularly know a lot about my Crestie breed, like Sparky and Joey and Balboa knew about theirs, so I delegated this effort to Massah. This is what SHE came up with:
1) DO NOT OVERFEED this breed as it will become obese if given the chance.
2) They should wear a sweater in cold weather.
3) Bathe the hairless frequently and massage a little oil or cream into the skin to keep it supple.
4) They should NOT be given bones to chew as they often have an incomplete set of teeth.
NO NO NO!!! I will take over from here, Massah. Thank you for your time. That illness must have affected your brain. This is what I found:
1) These dogs are sweet, lively, cuddly, and playful. They are exceptionally loving, and love to give hugs and smile. That's much better. So true, that is.
2) They are an entertaining companion (I'm taking that as a compliment), intelligent and alert.
3) Chinese Crested Dogs crave constant companionship. This means Massah should stay home all day long every day to be with me.
4) They do well with regular sessions of play. I think that means hours and hours of non-stop action from the time she comes home to the time I fall asleep.
5) The stripper, Gypsy Rose Lee, used to breed these dogs. Wow - my history is almost as exciting at Balboa's and Bernard's Parisian past!
5) The ancient Aztecs used them as bedwarmers (as does Massah) and believe it or not, did eat them. Wait, wait wait WAIT a doggone minute! What kind of blasphemy is this?!
I'm just going to stop now. If you want to read more, I did a post a while back about Cresties that you can read here. All you really need to know is that we're one of the most manly breeds out there, next to Corgadors and RottiShepX's. And the most handsome.